10 bedrooms (1 en suite) / 7 bathrooms
Somerset West – Cape Town metropole
This lovely establishment Guesthouse with long successful track record is located on an iconic avenue lined with Blue Gum trees, on the slopes of the majestic Helderberg Mountains in the quiet and safe village of Somerset West.
A very central location with the Mountains as a dramatic backdrop and False Bay within sight, this spot is an ideal hub for guests from where they can conveniently explore the Cape Winelands and all its splendour.
Only 15 minutes from picturesque Stellenbosch, 20 minutes from the international airport and 35 minutes from Cape Town centre.
Within a short drive, you will find world-class restaurants, pristine golf courses, sandy beaches and popular towns including Franschhoek and Hermanus.
The Guesthouse caters predominantly to the foreign leisure market as well as attracting corporate travellers in the off season. The business generates a comfortable annual income providing the owner a great lifestyle and all expenses (guesthouse related and private) paid for, with ample room to grow further.
The property offers 5 guest units and a completely private, thatched, 2-bedroomed owner’s house. All set in a peaceful and lush manicured garden setting, where the heated 10-meter salt-water pool is always warm and lawns always green, due to the strong supply of water from its own borehole.
A thatched lapa with braai and entertainment facilities gives that unique South African feel to the Cape way of life, where guests can play board games, barbeque for themselves and have a drink with their fellow guests who often become friends.
- A thatched manor home comprising:
- An open-plan lounge and dining room with fireplace,
- Large fitted kitchen with dining bar and pantry,
- Separate laundry and scullery
- Large office
- Dressing room
- A private courtyard leading to – a double garage, workshop and storeroom
- A short corridor leading to 2 bedrooms, both with bathrooms en-suite.
- One of these bedrooms is currently used as a guest suite, it has an own outside entrance (apart from access to the corridor – restricted by the owner) and terrace.
The guest accommodation is located and spread out over 4 separate buildings, including the Main house – the units comprise a combination of self-catering apartments and rooms:
- A large, two-storey self-catering apartment ideal for families – sleeps 6
- A spacious studio apartment, light and bright, featuring – sleeps 4
- Luxury king room, attached to the main house, with own entrance – sleeps 3
- A romantic double bedroom on the upper level with an exposed thatch roof – sleeps 3
- The entry level guest unit, an intimate single room with direct access to the garden – sleeps 1
Secure parking for 5 cars on site in addition to the double garage
Erf: approx. 2241m²
Step in now and grow this already successful business further.