Blog Amazing things that
bring positive results

Turkey: Fertile Soil or Barren Earth?

Cross border M&A transactions are always subject to additional complexities and challenges due to the differences in the regulatory and legislative frameworks, as well as the language and cultural differences.

On March 31, 2017, it was announced that Zaad Holdings Limited (“Zaad”), a subsidiary of Zeder Investments Limited (“Zeder”), concluded agreements for the acquisition of a 35% stake in the Turkish company, May-Agro Tohumculuk Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi (“May Seed”), with the option to acquire the remaining 65% of the company in time. The 35% interest would be achieved partly through the acquisition of shares from the existing shareholders and partly through the subscription for new shares in May Seed (in order to capitalise the company).

Read the full article here.

http://www.inceconnect.co.za/article/thorts—turkey—fertile-soil-or-barren-earth